Ventas Takes Gold in Nareit’s 2020 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Recognition Awards
“At Ventas, we have a longstanding practice of taking deliberate actions to promote diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to driving lasting change in our company, the real estate industry and our communities,” said
The Gold Award underscores the Company’s continuing emphasis on DEI which includes:
- Quantitative DEI performance metrics for executives to emphasize a gender balanced organization and leadership pipeline.
- Partnering with recruiting organizations that focus on minority communities.
- Open forums and external speakers to facilitate learning, awareness, and sharing of experiences related to diversity.
- In-depth training for hiring managers that addresses Unconscious Bias in hiring practices.
- Financial sponsorship and leadership engagement to organizations that seek to promote gender equality in real estate and the workplace at large.
“We are proud of our members’ commitment to promoting and advancing meaningful programs in their companies and communities, and we look forward to seeing continued progress in strategic DEI efforts across the REIT industry in the year ahead,” said Nareit President and CEO
Winners of these awards are selected in a blind evaluation by a panel of judges active in DEI in their respective organizations, which are outside of the REIT industry. The four judges reviewed the companies and individuals based on the scope of their DEI programs, recent accomplishments, and the metrics they report, including, but not limited to the number of women, Black professionals, and members of other underrepresented groups on the company’s executive team and board.
About Ventas: Ventas, an S&P 500 company, operates at the intersection of two powerful and dynamic industries – healthcare and real estate. As one of the world’s foremost Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT), we use the power of capital to unlock the value of real estate, partnering with leading care providers, developers, research and medical institutions, innovators and healthcare organizations whose success is buoyed by the demographic tailwind of an aging population. For more than twenty years, Ventas has followed a successful strategy that endures: combining a high-quality diversified portfolio of properties and capital sources to manage through cycles, working with industry leading partners, and a collaborative and experienced team focused on producing consistent growing cash flows and superior returns on a strong balance sheet, ultimately rewarding Ventas stakeholders. As of